Successful year for new QA Service
September 14 2015
At the start of the academic year 2014/15, SEC introduced improved Quality Assurance Services. The Advisory Board and SEC Directors have now completed the first annual review of these services and would like to share the very positive outcomes.
Firstly, the Directors would like to thank individual accredited members whose comments during the year contributed to the annual review by Advisory Board. These were taken into consideration as members of the Advisory Board responded to the questions below:
- What are the good points about the Quality Assurance System?
- What would you change and why?
- As an Advisory Board, how could we improve the Quality Assurance Services?
Strengths identified in the Quality Assurance Services included :
- Flexibility to use SEC forms, or members' own formats, or those required by the organisation for whom a services has been provided;
- the 'independent' verification of the high quality of service provided by an Accredited Member, with several members commenting on how this contrasts with some not so professional practice they have encountered;
- reminders to collect/send evaluations, which was seen as particularly important for members who 'block' weeks/selected months to deliver training;
- access to professional support if you choose it;
- the quality of support from our administrator at administration@SEC.org.uk, including the reminders to ensure evaluations are sent in to support Accredited status; and
- individual comments which have included:
"This gives me confidence when I am working for clients; I am working to a Code of Practice and it is part of my contract with them"
“I’m completely behind it. If you don’t self evaluate, you can’t improve.”
- Improvements have been made to improve ease of access to the SEC QA forms – 4 key steps and the whole process is complete.
- One member encountered a 'Spam' blocker that prevented delivery of the evaluation form - all Accredited Members will receive a copy of all the evaluation forms and the SEC letter that accompanies these, to send directly if they encounter similar difficulties.
- There is no evaluation form for 'coaching services' – the Directors are taking steps to put one in place.
The Directors hope you will find this brief summary of the successes of the first year, and developments for 2015/16 useful to Accredited members in the year ahead.